Cathedral

At the top end of the arcades stands the parish church, the biggest church in Merano and one of the oldest purely Gothic buildings in the Tyrol. At 83 m, the tower is also one of the highest in South Tyrol. The earliest written record of the church is dated 1220. The main attractions include numerous historical frescoes, a beautiful rose window and an impressive winged altar.